Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Wallpaper post, rants, CF

Since everyone is posting their wallpaper, I figured that I'll do the same as well.

You may laugh for 3 minutes:

Dat XP


So here comes a bit of ranting:

Anyone who know me long enough IRL would have know that I have some... slightly self destructive habits. Short tempered, cursing heavily, self deprecation and all that.

Probably one of the reason why I love her so much...

Heck, after going again through an old anime series (I might write about it later), I started to think, that maybe all the problem comes down to me having little (or no?) self respect? I mean, I can be so touchy that I'd perceive what others say as threat - hence, producing all the results I mentioned earlier. Maybe, just maybe, the problems does not lie in other people, but rather it means that something is wrong with me?

...I guess it's the simple things that we tend to overlook, ain't it? The possibility that it is myself that brought about all the negativity is... a simple - but most probably true - idea that I find it rather silly at first. What say you?

I dunno, I've known this problem for a long time, but... well, I'm trying my best to fix this up, but there haven't been much positive results.


Which is why 'take it easy!' is one of my favourite mantra, despite the silly nature of its origin, heh.

Right. Moving on to a lighter topic:

I'll be gone for 2 days, having a meetup with local otakus, weaboos, perverts etc - in other words, an anime convention.

I'm both nervous - I'm not exactly the best at socializing - and excited for this event ahaha

Probably how I will react during the event

I actually mentioned about my personal problem just now because I see it as closely related with my poor social communication skill, if you want to know the truth. I'd like to think that I'm getting better at it - the first few cons that I went, I pretty much just walked around aimlessly - which is one of the reason why I'm excited for these cons: I don't plan on being that awkward recluse forever, no thank you!

Anyway, I'm getting off the tangent here.

To anyone here who is going to CF this weekend: if you see a messy haired dude carrying a large backpack, with one big badge of Shizuo - that'd be moi.

See you at the event guys! Cheers.

7 comments:

  1. >You may laugh for 3 minutes

    At the freakin' awesome desktop you've got? It looks nice! Nothing wrong with XP. Dem shortcuts.

    >Maybe, just maybe, the problems does not lie in other people, but rather it means that something is wrong with me?

    That's a mature perspective to take. Don't feel you NEED to change who you are, but if you feel that these 'self-destructive' habits of yours are negative and are willig to change them slightly, then go for it, bro!

    >in other words, an anime convention.

    I'm jelly, man. Cons with other people are always fun. Don't be nervous; everything will go smoothly. Just take it easy! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noticing that your problem is yourself comes off as pretty mature. An anime convention sounds fun but the best thing to know is to enjoy yourself and not worry about talking to people or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. >Maybe, just maybe, the problems does not lie in other people, but rather it means that something is wrong with me?

    Just don't forget who you are. I've seen some of my online friends with the same problem as you and after speaking with them from a long absence, they seemed to have changed their entire personality in order to "fit in".

    >I don't plan on being that awkward recluse forever, no thank you!

    I don't think any of us do. If we did, none of us would still be blogging considering the reason most of started isn't going in a good direction. As for me, even though I want friends, it's hard to find people who share the same interests and opinions IRL. Which leads to the whole closet otaku topic that was discussed before.

    Have fun at the convention and remember to bring back pictures of hilarious weaboos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Chirno belt is awesome. I want one too. Also, anime convention attendants are as insecure as you might be, so take it easy and so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything Chiyo's Dad said, pretty much. Nothing wrong with XP.

    I've got most of your problems as well. I'd say your braver than I am, though, since you actually had the courage to go to a con. It's nice that you're planning on improving. It's clearly the best path to take.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute desktop~
    I'm not brave enough to go to a con, I wish you good luck in making it back alive.

    ReplyDelete