Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

When the levee breaks

When the levee breaks
I'll have no place to stay
Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan
Lord, mean old levee taught me to weep and moan,

Got what it takes to make a mountain man leave his home,

Oh, well, oh, well, oh, well
When The Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin



If you've been keeping up with the news, you'd be aware that my hometown (Alor Setar) is practically under lockdown, after the huge flood - the one that hit Perlis, Kedah, and Kelantan - shut down the highway, airport, and train as well. On top of that, the water supply to several states were cut off, after the pumping station is submerged underwater.

In short, it's not a pleasant situation up there in the North.

My grandma's house, 5 days ago

Regarding the above picture, I was only informed of the severity of the flood after I was tagged on this picture via facebook (lol); as you might have guessed from the last paragraph, currently I'm not in my hometown yet (still in Selangor), so I can't tell any firsthand experience regarding the flood. I know that the situation is getting slightly better, but it is nowhere near what you can call 'okay' yet. As for my own house, I heard that the water hasn't reach our place (yet?), so it's all good.

I pity all the other places that were badly hit by the flood tho (especially Perlis - almost the whole place is flooded, from what I was told). And if the prediction of a second wave of flood is true... heck, I dunno what to say to that.

Anyway, I'll be home in a few days to share this awesome force of nature as well (hey, there's nothing we can do about this situation but to just wait and see, yeah?). Till then, I'll be right here, high and dry.


Oh, and apparently one of my lecturer appeared in today's newspaper as well (tho his picture is not there, sadly)

Hmmm, wait and see, man. Wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment