Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Seize the day, boys

I sincerely believe that anyone who is really into something - who is really passionate about it - and who knows what they are doing, no matter how mediocre (or poor) the starting is, should be encouraged.

Or at the very least, stop giving them the evil eyes or snide remarks just because they're doing something different. Or are you jealous because you can't do the same thing, mm?

The truth about art (music, drawing, sculpting, and the lots), I think, is this; you see a lot of new faces everytime, some pretty good, some so-so, and some so... 'abstract' that you don't have an inkling what it's supposed to be (I think you know what I'm driving in by that). You'd be forgiven to think that the ones who made the cut are like since their starting. I think it's not wrong to say that there's an awful lot of absence of evidence - after all, who would go on publishing their failed attempts over the ones that work, right?

...hey, I'm not into the field of art myself, but I think this observation is sound, isn't it? Or maybe this fact is so obvious that everyone else know of it already, ha.



You know, I've only watched Dead Poet Society after a majority of this (admittedly rather short post) was written; and as I was watching it, I kept on thinking, hey this movie really resonate wells with my thoughts and thinking. It's a mighty good movie, and I love it to bits. I love movies that make me just wanna sit down and think.




And this, I believe, should resonate well not only to poems, but with all who are in the field of arts, whatever form they might be:



"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for."


So to whomever passionate about arts - whatever form it is - I'll say keep on at it. You - yes, YOU: go on and persevere in whatever it is that you're passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment