Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Rest in peace, Ryutaro Nakamura

The official Twitter feed for the Chibi Neko Tom no Dai Bōken anime announced on Thursday that anime director and storyboard artist Ryutaro Nakamura (Serial Experiments Lain, Kino's Journey) had passed away on June 29 at 4 p.m. after months of being hospitalized while fighting pancreatic cancer. The announcement was made after permission was given by his family. He was 58 years old at the time of his death.

Source


This is quite sad for me: Serial Experiments Lain and Kino's Journey are both one of my top favourite series, with the first one, if I could say, changed my perspective (with its topic on the internet and social networking and the sort), and the subtopic on religion, technology, evolution - it's unlike anything I've ever watched then.

Funnily I found it because one of my friend constantly uses Lain as her avatar, and I'm intrigued when I saw the description of the series.


Rest in peace Ryutaro Nakamura. Thanks for all the memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment